When I was pregnant with Claire, I had a bunch of girls names that I really liked... Grace was one of them. How grateful I am that we opted out on that name... because as wonderful and beautiful as Claire is, she is not very 'grace'ful.Whenever she is running towards us, our immediate response is "careful, careful, please be careful" in hopes that our repetitive hypnotism will help her keep her footing. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. One day, I was trying to remind Claire to be careful, and out of my mouth came "be Claireful"... our new family phrase that is repeated numerous times per hour. Here are some recent examples of my beautifully ungraceful Claire:
-a few nights ago, we went and got some ice cream as a family at White Lime. Afterwords, we always like to play a little game of hide-and-seek out front. Dallin and I finally found Peter, Spencer and Claire when all of a sudden Claire fell to the ground. She somehow had stepped into an open hole in the ground and her whole leg was swallowed up in it. She luckily only has a little scrape... be Claireful!
-I was making a return at the Pottery Barn store last week (Claire was helping me), when she turned around, saw Dallin and Spencer on the stairs and ran over as quickly as she could to join them when she smacked her head full on into the stair railing. She had a pretty good goose-egg that night (and a headache). Please be Claireful!
-Seriously... as I am typing this, she just fell. How? It's genetic. I have the same problem and my mom confesses that she does as well. You're welcome Claire.
There are honestly daily happenings of falls, spills, head bonks, bruises, trips, slips and owies... too many to document in one blog entry.
Claire is beautiful, funny, a wonderful sister, a talented dancer and gymnast. She is strong-willed and opinionated. She is loving and sweet. She is so many wonderful things... and a little clumsy. We love all of her.

2 comments :
So cute! I love the picture of her running down hill...reminds me of Carrie in the opening of Little House on the Prairie.
FYI: I have the most ungraceful kids imaginable. 90% of our house is hard wood floors and everyday you hear these enormous thuds followed by "I'm ok mom!"
My favorite fall of all was at our gym which is really a huge gym, tennis/swim club thing. Eva B. loves to run to the kids club there and was running/slapping the flowery bushes and fell in a hole about 18 inches deep...she didn't get hurt at all but scared her a bit...I couldn't stop laughing. Now every time we go she runs, slows down near the spot, reminds me it is there, jumps in it, takes a moment of triumph and then off she goes.
This is part of what makes Claire so adorable.
Post a Comment