Dallin and Peter were having another funny basketball conversation. Dallin told Peter that Kevin Garnett (from the Celtics) was stronger than him. Peter begged to differ :). That was reason enough for my husband to show Dallin whos boss and bust out a Peter prank. He quickly changed all of our iPhone settings and photos to Kobe Bryant (home phone), Kevin Garnett (my phone), and LeBron James (Peter's iPhone). SO, whenever one of these phones called, it would show this on the iPhone screen:
He told me to call his cell phone from my cell phone and pretend to be Kevin Garnett. So there I was... a grown woman... standing in my garage at 9:30 at night... calling my 7 year old son... pretending to be a pro NBA player.
The phone rang and Peter picked up and confidently said something to the effect of "oh hey Kev. How's it goin'? ... Oh good. ... no, I can't shoot hoops tonight... I've gotta get my son to sleep... oh, Kobe is going to play tonight too?! Well, tell him I said hi and that we'll play sometime tomorrow. Ok, cool... see ya tomorrow". DALLIN WAS DYING. He totally bought it and couldn't believe that his dad was friends with all these guys and just turned down a chance to shoot hoops with them.
I was asked to call again from the home phone and this time, Dallin picked up. In my best LeBron James voice (it was horrible), I said hi to Dallin and talked with him for a bit. He was giddy... and I was getting a pit in my stomach. How are we ever going to break this joke to him that he is so stinking excited about right now? It had to come out before he went and told all of his friends the next day at school.
I came in the house and went upstairs (note that Dallin still thought I was at Enrichment this whole time). He was sitting up in his bed, bright-eyed and bushy tailed and quickly told me everything... how Dad is friends with Kevin, Kobe and LeBron. He is going to play basketball with them tomorrow and he even got to talk with Kevin on the phone!!!! I couldn't handle it. I told him that I am pretty sure Daddy is teasing him. Didn't work... he had the phone calls and the caller ID to prove it. I handed this one over to Pete. Good luck breaking the news to Dallin that this fantastic evening is totally rigged. I went downstairs.
I sat down to watch some TV when all of a sudden Peter's phone began to ring. I went over, picked it up and look who was calling me:

The phone rang and Peter picked up and confidently said something to the effect of "oh hey Kev. How's it goin'? ... Oh good. ... no, I can't shoot hoops tonight... I've gotta get my son to sleep... oh, Kobe is going to play tonight too?! Well, tell him I said hi and that we'll play sometime tomorrow. Ok, cool... see ya tomorrow". DALLIN WAS DYING. He totally bought it and couldn't believe that his dad was friends with all these guys and just turned down a chance to shoot hoops with them.
I was asked to call again from the home phone and this time, Dallin picked up. In my best LeBron James voice (it was horrible), I said hi to Dallin and talked with him for a bit. He was giddy... and I was getting a pit in my stomach. How are we ever going to break this joke to him that he is so stinking excited about right now? It had to come out before he went and told all of his friends the next day at school.
I came in the house and went upstairs (note that Dallin still thought I was at Enrichment this whole time). He was sitting up in his bed, bright-eyed and bushy tailed and quickly told me everything... how Dad is friends with Kevin, Kobe and LeBron. He is going to play basketball with them tomorrow and he even got to talk with Kevin on the phone!!!! I couldn't handle it. I told him that I am pretty sure Daddy is teasing him. Didn't work... he had the phone calls and the caller ID to prove it. I handed this one over to Pete. Good luck breaking the news to Dallin that this fantastic evening is totally rigged. I went downstairs.
I sat down to watch some TV when all of a sudden Peter's phone began to ring. I went over, picked it up and look who was calling me:
I smirked, picked up the phone to hear Dallin's impersonation of Pee Wee Herman. It was priceless. I have never laughed so hard and so quietly before. Apparently Peter showed Dallin how to change the settings on the phone and he was totally okay with the whole prank. Especially now that the joke's on me.
Wonder who's gonna call next...
Wonder who's gonna call next...
4 comments :
I agree with Dallin. There's no way Peter can take down Kevin Garnett. Kobe is another story. Pretty funny. We are all having a good laugh, especially J, who called Peter's prank "inspired."
adorable! I'd love to hear your LeBron voice sometime--so funny!
I was laughing SO Hard!!! Rich is going to love hearing this one!!!
Hahha...I love it!! You guys are the coolest parents! :)
Post a Comment