We drove early Thursday morning through the rain to Dana Point to run in the 31st Annual Turkey Trot. We hopped out of the car to clear skies, pulled out the stroller, threw the little ones in and made a run for it (literally). The 5K race had already begun, so we brought up the rear. Dallin busted it out and ran the entire race with only a small break in the middle.





He was determined to win. I told him that we definitely won first place in the "2 parents, 3 little kids" division. He was pleased. Even little Claire got in on the running action.

We had a great time and finished in under an hour which we thought was pretty good considering our current family situation:).
After our nice morning jog-by-the-ocean, we checked in at our hotel for the night (which happened to be only 2 blocks away). It was a beautiful Marriott resort and I think we may have been the only ones there. They upgraded our room to an ocean view,
gave us free breakfast vouchers for the next morning and free parking to boot. Needless to say
we all enjoyed ourselves.
.

That afternoon, we grabbed some lunch and went swimming.
That evening, we had Thanksgiving dinner reservations down the street at The Beach House (beautiful restaurant right on the water). The kids really enjoyed themselves and the food (especially the butternut squash soup and pumpkin pie).
We took turns throughout the day saying what we were thankful for... there sure was a lot.
How blessed we truly are in so many ways, and I am especially thankful for moments like these that we have to be together as a family!
Happy Thanksgiving!
5 comments :
It looks like a great time, Missi. And The Beach House...Yum!!! I love that place!
What a fun Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a great time in Utah. You are a brave girl to take three!
wow what a fun thanksgiving! sounds like a blast!
Your post made me cry! I love you guys!
What a cute family! We love DP harbor. We take the kids to Baby Beach whenever we visit "back home." boo hoo...miss that Cali weather! My keys I lost this summer are down there somewhere...maybe you ran past them on your run! Great memories for you.
Post a Comment