Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Healthy

Spencer's surgery went perfectly yesterday.  It was a little stressful trying to get to the hospital in good ol' Southern California traffic mixed in with some much needed rain, but we made it.  Our little one couldn't eat 4 hours before the surgery and he didn't complain at all (I thought we would have mayhem... thank you big green binky).
 His body was strong and withstood all of the poking and prodding well.  The surgery took about an hour, and it took him another hour to finally wake up from the anesthesia.  When they called us back into the recovery room, Spencer was all smiles and coos.  

We have actually never seen him so happy... we think he enjoyed all of the snuggles and our undivided attention.  We stayed in recovery for 6 more hours so they could monitor Spencer and they released him at the end of the day with flying colors.  How grateful we are for all of the prayers, fasting and thoughts that have been in Spencer's (and our) behalf... we have definitely felt them.  It's not very often that someone can say "we had a wonderful day together in the hospital yesterday," but we did.  One challenge down and moving on...

17 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thank Heaven, literally!!!

Linds said...

Hurray! Just left you a message. I am so happy to hear everything went so well. I'm sure it was nice to have some time with him. Seriously, could he be any cuter and sweeter in those pictures?! He is a doll!

mindy said...

oh good--I'm so glad all went
well!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy to hear Spencer is doing well! What an adorable baby. He already looks so big!

keely said...

wow! and to think I called you yesterday to talk about me and where to vote. do I feel lame, or what? I am so glad everything is ok and this little angel is happy healthy!

Christie said...

I'm glad everything went so well!

Mindi said...

What in the WORLD? I had no idea that you had some medical drama in your beautiful babies life!!! I am glad that I caught the tail end of this story so I know that the outcome is fine. We need to catch up on all of your happenings.

ShOrt StoRy said...

I am so glad, it probably was the longest hour, but worth it in the end...sweet little boy!

The J said...

yay! Tears! I'm so happy. I wonder if the soar on his leg was causing him pain? Who knows! I'm so glad all went well. Your kids are unbelievably precious and adorable and I miss them tons every day! I'm so happy all went well. We love you guys!

Benedict said...

So glad things went well. What a sweetheart!

Kirsten said...

I'm so happy to hear things went that well! Love you guys. :-) Give the little pumpkin a kiss for me.

Team Fifield said...

He's so cute, Missy. Ya did good. :) glad to hear the surgery went well and that you all are doing good!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you last night. It is a small world. I was thinking this morning I bet Missi is on Debra's blog and sure enough you are! How funny. I wish we kept in touch better-this is a great way! Hope to hear from you soon.

Breanne said...

For some reason it published me as anonymous I'm not! It's Breanne!

Krissy Lowe said...

So happy that is is all over- can't wait to see you guys and snuggle that little boy.

Suzanne said...

So glad to hear everything is good. He's such a cute little guy!

lynette said...

what a blessing...and a relief! now you can get back to more giggles and grins!