
This morning,
Dallin's friend Trevor came over to play. They ran around, watched a movie (sort of), made me "pizza", hid from Claire, played the Hungry, Hungry Hippo game, became Superheros and blew bubbles outside. Just when you think two little boys couldn't think of
anything more fun, they did. It was time for Trevor to go home (he lives about 10 minutes walking distance away) and they had the great idea to run to his house all by themselves. I agreed and followed them in my car going about 1 mph with my emergency lights on and window rolled do
wn so they could tell me things. These little boys had more fun just running free (on the sidewalk of course :)). The happiness and excitement on their faces made this extra long trip to the
Crumps so worth it! I have to say that my favorite part of this freedom marathon was when at one point,
Dallin pulls the hood from his jacket over his head, looks me square in the eye (still running, mind you) and proclaims
"just livin' the dream, baby!!." He then laughs hysterically at himself as I laugh uncontrollably as well. I am so glad that these two little freedom
flyers were able to live out a small (but super exciting) dream this afternoon.
9 comments :
Um, that is quite possibly the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! I can just picture Dallin saying that! ha ha ha!! Tell Dallin he is the funniest little boy I know and that I love him! And tell Claire I love her too, and that I expect a funny story from her now! :)
Nick and I are laughing so hard right now... livin' the dream baby, livin' the dream. Oh to be a little boy without a care in the world.
We miss you guys and love reading your blog!
I bet when he said that you thought, "No, I'm livin' the dream!"
What a great story!
Love it! I can just picture those two darling boys tearing down the street! How fun! What a great afternoon. Love Dallin's sayings. He is a riot! Claire is an angel to put up with the crazy boys :)
I love your post on the Prophet. I vaguely remembered that you were related (when you guys came down to Tucson and were either dating or married?...what a good memory I used to have. I wonder what happened!)
So much fun letting them run next to your car. That must be something you say, but it made me laugh out loud! Great memory!
I laughed for the longest time at that one, and Papa has decided that will be his new motto! Dallin, you crack us up . . . And bring us so much joy! Nana
too funny! love it!
What a cute little guy! I laughed out loud. :) Thanks for the great stories of your kids. I can just see those two little boys enjoying their freedom. It's almost like I'm there. :)
Ok, Missi, you have the cutest kids! They are pure happiness. I am still getting over the baby counter! I'm so glad I checked out your blog! AH! CONGRATS! :)
Post a Comment