I am very diligent about putting deodorant on every day. I take a shower whenever the opportunity is available. I wash my clothes on a regular basis. I shave my legs (when I have to :)). I brush my teeth quite often. I even spritz on perfume before I walk out the door so why in the world is everyone around me moving??? Here is a breakdown of the people in my life (and ward) who have moved in the past year or so:One of the first families to leave me (yes, I am making this personal :)) were the Munoas. They only moved to a different part of town, but I don't see them as much as I would like to. One dinner group member down.
The Simkins moved to Orange County and this was so sad for my Dallin. He sure loves Merrilye and I don't know who is going to teach me the ways of Martha Stewart now!
The Fains moved and so did the Snyders... this is quickly becoming an unfortunate trend.
Next to say farewell were the Larsens. They had a darling baby boy and then took off to Kansas. I love and miss this family so much and, even though we talk on the phone, I wish Lindsay were here to witness how nice my perfume smells. Another dinner group member gone :(.
My visiting teacher, Janet Kehne, was the next to leave California... is it just me, or is it ME!
The Burr family took off and I was just getting to know Christina (such a darling family).
Another really sad farewell was to the Lowe family. We all loved hanging out and Krissy was (and still is) so much of my sanity. Dallin lost his best little buddy, Ethan to the state of Idaho and he now wants to move there. Maybe we should leave since everyone else is (no I'm not bitter :)). We really miss having the Lowes close by... and yet another dinner group member gone (maybe it's not my stench, maybe it's my cooking!?).
So just when you think my ranting and raving should be through, alas I have more...
The Lawrence family moved to Hawaii rather quickly and I really didn't get to say goodbye. Jule is so fun and we miss her musical ability in our rapidly depleting ward!! Come back Jule... my cooking isn't that bad and I just put a double shot of deodorant on!
A couple of Sunday's ago, the Benedicts were a wonderful part of the Chaparral ward and now they have decided to move into a beautiful new home and become a part of the French Valley ward. Yep, they moved within a matter of days. Such a great family that will be missed (I did see her at the baby shower last night, so maybe all is not lost).
The other night when I was driving home from mutual, I passed the Johnson's home (7 houses down from us) and saw their couch being put on a truck and a "For Rent" sign on their lawn. They landed their dream home last week and are moving in as you read this and yep, you guessed it, they are no longer in the ward. I will truly miss their girls stopping by on their bikes for some fruit snacks and a chat. I will miss our casual drop-ins to each others houses. They have been so much fun to have as neighbors... why, Why, WHY!!!
So here it is... my sadness and confusion written for all to see. The Chaparral ward is quickly becoming a branch and I am quickly becoming friendless. These friends who have left me were not apartment dwellers that could be expected to move at some point, we don't live in a dangerous or unfortunate looking city, there have been no threats of a major environmental catastrophe here and the housing market is horrible to sell in right now. The only plausible explanation in my mind is that I am somehow responsible... maybe I should try a different brand of deodorant...

(p.s. Randles and Wankiers, come and smell my new deodorant and lets see if I can change your mind! :))
5 comments :
Sorry to hear about your dwindling dinner group. It's so sad when good friends move... they truly are hard to find.
As a former roommate of roughly 3 years I can attest that there is no way it is the aroma. And as for that brief paragraph re: moving--I am still the head of the "Come to New England" campaign. So, if only for a visit... COME TO NEW ENGLAND! I will make sure the fam wears extra deodorant.
Emma - we are aching to take a trip back east sometime and we would LOVE to "come to New England" and visit! Can we stay in your cute red house and get a butt blast on that hill?! I would love it!
By all means--come stay with us. Butt blasts, sledding, views of the city all included in the red house on the hill.
Oh my gosh! I can't believe all the people that have moved! I guess I new a lot of people have moved but you don't realize until it is all written down. You know I wish I were back there in the warm weather taking the kids to Willows Park so that Ethan could play imagination- (knights, pirates, star wars with Dallin), I wish I could be in dinner group with you and hang with you at some good asian nail salons:)Miss you girl.
Post a Comment