Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Weak Wiggle

Each one of my children has been obsessed with the Wiggles. It is the one show that allows me to get ready, do the dishes, put on some makeup, etc. So just to reiterate... I have been watching the Wiggles non-stop for 7 years now.

I have actually come to somewhat enjoy watching them progress throughout the years (I'm a fan of the newer stuff with Sam), although I have really learned to just tune them out. The parts that I cannot seem to tune out, however, are the times when Jeff is on.
Let's learn a little about Jeff: he's the purple wiggle... he plays the keyboard and accordion... his shtick is that he has narcolepsy "WAKE UP JEFF"... his other shtick is that he is not very good.

He really can't sing, dance or act. He can play the keyboard pretty well, but please don't try to combine that with dancing or singing cause it just doesn't seem to work. You know how some people shouldn't be doctors cause they can't stand the sight of blood, or how some people shouldn't be kindergarten teachers cause they don't like kids? Well, Jeff shouldn't be a Wiggle because he isn't very good at wiggling.

I just reread what I wrote above and I sound really rude. I think I am just venting 7 years of frustration of watching a mediocre purple wiggle make multi-millions of dollars. I guess what I am ultimately saying is: I am jealous and secretly wish I was the mediocre purple wiggle singing and dancing making a fortune in the process. Nonetheless, I will be viewing Jeff (along with Murray, Anthony and Sam) until my kids are old enough to finally turn it off themselves.

Venting session over.

3 comments :

mindy said...

very funny, and VERY TRUE! My cousin, Molly, and I used to say that Jeff really is just lazy.

And Kevin has a brother named Jeff. Poor guy, my kids are always asking him where his purple shirt is!

smileynann said...

M -- I totally agree with you, only on the whole Disney family. Little Einsteins (which I TOTALLY love as a concept, I just wish Annie could really sing), My Friends Tigger & Pooh (seriously, some of their "mysteries" are not so mysterious), and the whole gamut of teeny-bopper kids shows. That's one reason why we got rid of cable & signed up for Netflix instead!

smileynann said...

And now, apparently, I sound like my mother. TEENY-BOPPER, really???