Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Carrot Cutie


Claire was at her friend Indy's house today and came home toting a bushel of carrots. Fresh, just-picked-from-the-garden carrots. I first had to make sure that she had permission to pick these, and then found out that these little girls were in heaven pulling these carrots out of the ground. It is like finding a $10 bill in your pocket... you reach in and pull out a really great surprise.

These little orange "surprises" were quickly washed and cut by their puller... she found them to be wonderful. Claire will be very disappointed to hear that her mother has a black thumb... she'll have to walk down the street to get her fresh veggies from someone elses garden. Just make sure to ask first Claire!

2 comments :

Papa said...

We just found the new "poster child" for Future Farmers of America.

Erin said...

I'm so glad to see that those carrots that cute Claire picked looked like the fat, disformed carrots that grew in my garden this spring.

I also got the thrill of seeing the end result of what a seed can become. A great miracle.