We went swimming in the pool (I hope Spencer will someday forgive us for letting him swim in public with bright pink Barbie floaties on... stinks to be the third).
Spencer screamed throughout the lobby (good acoustics!) like he owned the place
We went on family adventures
We rode the carousel
We waited in line (forever) to get the kids a "character balloon". The guy was pretty good. Dallin chose a basketball player (he has a one-track mind), Claire chose Ariel (so does she), and I chose Blue from Blue's Clues for Spencer. I thought he would really like it until he took it and let it go swimming in the fountain. Afterwords, he bit the balloon until all of Blue's limbs had been destroyed. Three bucks down the drain (or in the fountain).Spencer loved running (really fast)
The kids rode their scooters all over Seaport Village

We also loved watching the Olympics in our room, ordering room service, shopping in the little shops, going to the candy store, staying up late, playing basketball in our room (Dallin brought his "door hoop") and hanging out as a fam.We are so glad to have San Diego as such a close neighbor.
















4 comments :
you need to teach me how to find such good deals on your staycations...
I'm glad to see that our grandchildren love escalators. Do they know about the experience Melissa had, as a little girl,on an escalator at Disneyland? It's fun to see how much fun you have as a family.
Oh my goodness! I've missed seeing these little ones (I mean...not so little ones!). Holy cow! They're getting so big. And Spencer. I had to do a double take!! What a fun staycation! I love San Diego! The next time I'm in town...dinner! Yes! For sure. Would love it! Hope all is well ! Hugs!!
Looks like a ton of fun. You guys always have such fun together. :-)
Post a Comment