We were sitting around as a family last FHE and decided to play "airplane" (you know, where the adult lies on the floor with their feet in the air, suspending a tiny human, hoping that tiny human with their stomach resting on our feet doesn't crash into anything). We are officially outnumbered now that all 3 of our kids want to play... time to learn the valuable lesson of taking turns.
Claire was not digging this lesson. I told her that she needed to wait until Spencer was done being the airplane, then she threw a mini-Claire tantrum (ie: stomping her feet, leaving the room but making sure you could still hear her frustration). We heard her in the kitchen saying "it's not fair... it's not fair.... it's not fair... it's not fair". Peter and I were dying laughing (trying to hold it in so she wouldn't hear us). Our silent laughter was coming out in the form of tears.
We then heard "stop laughing at me! it's not fair... stop laughing at me!... it's not fair." At this point we were all laughing and telling her that it was her turn for "airplane". She refused, stomped over to the dining room light switch and started flipping the lights on and off really fast.
She then proceed to punish us with what apparently is a horrible thing... wasting light. "I'm gonna waste the lights (flicker, flicker). I'm wasting the lights (flicker, flicker, flicker)." At this point, we were done. We were laughing so hard we could barely breathe. Claire eventually joined in the laughter and finished her "airplane" ride. Next time you're naughty though Claire, I'm going up into your bedroom and wasting your lights. :) Funny girl.
5 comments :
wasting the lights--so funny! i love the funny things kids do!
LOL.. talk about a California energy crisis girl. Go Green Claire! Woot!
So Cute! Doesn't FHE bring out the best in kids ;)
I think my kevin's dad would have actually gotten really mad at the wasting lights rebellion...too cute!
"I'm wasting the light" - it sounds like this could be the theme to a great church talk. Claire, you are a darling, spunky little princess. Love you!!
Post a Comment