Well, here it is... the day that I have been dreading and Dallin has been anxiously anticipating. It was his first day of kindergarten. I woke him up this morning in tears (gotta love Hinckley genes and pregnancy hormones) and as he woke up, he noticed my tears and automatically smiled knowing full-well that my tears=his exciting first day of school.
I was invited to attend class today with him (it was a shortened day) so that we could meet his teacher, Mrs. Oakes, go on a tour of the school and learn all of the Kindergarten rules. His normal day will go from 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m... oh, how I will miss my Dallin during these long weekdays!
We arrived early today (what!?) and took some pictures out in front of his school.
We then waited by the gate that leads to the kindergarten classrooms for his teacher to invite us into classroom #1. He found his seat, played blocks with me and met some of the new kids in his class.
I took a picture of Dallin with his teacher Mrs. Oakes to start a little "first-day-of-school" tradition. I got an idea from our friend's, the Dursts, to hold up the number with your fingers for the grade you are in... since Kindergarten isn't a number, Dallin and Mrs. Oakes are making a "k" in sign language.
We are so excited for Dallin and still are in a little shock that we are old enough to have a child in elementary school. He is absolutely ready for this next step in his life... he is such a kind, smart, social and sweet little guy. I can't wait to see what Kindergarten has in store for him (or maybe what he has in store for Kindergarten :)). We love you Dallin! Promise not to grow up too fast, I'm running out of waterproof mascara.
9 comments :
Missi, it's Brittany (Collier), again. I posted a comment down below. Anyway, I wanted to say hi! I know how hard it is to believe you already have a little one in elementary school. My oldest just started 2nd grade! How's that for cRaZEee? I have family down in Temecula, that's where you are, right? Again, just wanted to say hello.
It WAS fun having friendly faces in class today with Avery. This will be a fun and exciting year for all of us. Welcome to the wonderful world of school. ha! I'm looking forward to having a few days of volunteering in class with you.
I know all parents feel that time flies by watching their children grow up, but so do grandparents. It only seems like yesterday that I held this new baby boy in my arms shortly after his birth. I couldn't believe how much love I felt for my new grandson. What a beautiful boy he has become. I hate watching him grow up, but at the same time I am so excited in knowing the fun and joy he will get out of lifes experiences. Dallin IS THE MAN.
Nana's crying too . . . So happy for our grown-up boy! Love you, Dallin - Have a great time in Kindergarten!
Maybe I need to start wearing waterproof mascara again! :) I am so excited for Dallin! He is so smart, funny, and kind, and I know he will do so great in Kindergarten! Can't wait to see you all soon!
wow! ok, I'm crying, and I'm like, your neighbor. what a precious little heart. Happy first day of kindergarten, Dallin!
You guys are so cute! lol Dallin looks so excited! I love when you said he smiled when he saw you were crying and realized why. That is so Dallin! You have two smart babies! I bet you will miss them so much, they are so much fun! They do grow up WAY too fast. Just think, you'll have another little one here VERY soon, to start the whole process all over again. ;)
Hi We're back...how cute! Dallin will do so well in NVES. We are so excited for him. My girls are thrilled to see what's going on with you guys. Take care.
Our Nicole is going to kindergarten this year and I can hardly believe it! I am only okay because it is half day here!!! Spencer is going into 3rd, it happens too quickly :( I love watching how excited they are to learn. You have such beautiful children!!
Post a Comment