Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Seventies Shindig

Our good friend James Johnson turned 40 recently and his fun party wife Gale decided to throw him an amazing 70's party. We grabbed our afros, platforms, peace signs and polyester and headed out the door for a super-groovy evening.

There was a block party-style dinner out in their cul-de-sac and then once the sun started to set, the Superfreaks (an awesome local band) busted out their gear and got the party started. I LOVE dressing up and dancing, so I was in heaven for the next 2 1/2 hours. Pete hung out inside and made the rounds talking to people while I got my groove on with my friends. I think I may have been one of the first to start dancing, and I was for sure one of the last as the band was packing up. It was a great night.

The next morning, however, I woke up and couldn't move my neck. Apparently someone forgot to mention that I was born in the 70's as well and can't boogie like I used to... at least not with out some physical side effects. I was sore for almost 2 weeks. Worth it? Oh yeah.

No comments :