Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Tahiti Trip

I am officially 30. A new decade, a new perspective and a new opportunity to milk a big birthday :). For Peter's 30th, I threw him a surprise party with many family and friends who came long distances for the occasion. Since that big party, he has been stewing ideas in his head for my big 30th. His idea was stinking amazing...

For the past 3 months, I have known that Peter was whisking me away on a trip. The only catch is that I had no idea in the world where. As the weeks passed, I would receive little hints... I need my passport, buy another swimsuit, etc. I finally found out our destination as we were leaving for the airport... TAHITI!!! Out of control.

There is so much to write, tell, share, and post that I have decided to break each day of our trip into it's own blog entry. I will start with the night that we caught our red eye to Tahiti...

11.02.09
My parents flew in from Seattle on the 31st of October and we had a fun Halloween weekend being together.
We took the weekend to prep and prepare them for their 8 days with our kids. They were incredible!!!
Peter and I put the kids to bed, kissed them goodbye and drove to LAX for a midnight flight from LAX to Tahiti. It surprisingly only took 8 hours and we were only 2 hours behind California time... what seemed like a world away really wasn't. We slept a little (I was too excited about all of the movies that I have never seen right in front of my face) and before we knew it, we were there!

3 comments :

Papa & Nana said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Can you go to another exotic destination next month so we can come back down to be with Dallin, Claire, and Spencer?

mindy said...

OK, I usually try not to get jealous over things, but this time I can't help it!!

1-Pete, please call Kevin.
2- I'll need your parents to watch my kids.
3-I'm so happy for you!

I bet you missed your kids, and found it hard to come back all at the same time. 8 days?? wow. WOW.

looking forward to more posts about your trip--I think I'll have to live vicariously through those if you don't mind. I need a break, can you tell?

The Ynclans said...

How fun! Now what are you doing for your 10th anniversary??? A well deserved vacation! Can't wait to see more pics!