Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sweet Staycation

Last month, we decided to take a break from the norm of life and go on a little family staycation. We drove for 1 whole hour to Disneyland, checked in at the Grand Californian hotel and enjoyed 3 days of play time together.

Dallin, our funny bug waiting to see "A Bug's Life"


Pink dress + pink teacup = Claire happiness

A happy Spencer... even in line

Dallin is our program-director-in-training

Claire was hating her Minnie shirt that morning until we actually saw the real deal

Hanging Loose

All three kids on the trundle part of the bunk bed that Spencer slept on (turn your head to the right to get the full effect :))

Dallin trying out the kiddie water slide at our hotel pool

Peter and Claire enjoying time together while Dallin and I went down the big water slide in the background. Such a fun hotel and pool! We went swimming a few times while we were there and it was definitely the highlight.

This is the hotel we stayed in (you can see our room from this pic). The entry straight ahead went from the hotel right into California Adventure... it was nice to have everything so close by.

The boys in California Adventure

The first ride we went on (Buzz Lightyear) during our early morning guest admission (played in Disneyland an hour before it opened)
Watching the Disneyland fireworks from our hotel balcony (there was even a TV channel that played the music in sync with the fireworks)

The much-loved bunk bed

Teacups!

Spencer's first time on Small World (and our first time since its renovation)

If you have made it all the way to this point and actually looked at all of those pictures, I know you must really love our little family. I am so thankful to live in such a fun place with so many "staycation" options. Yay for family time!

10 comments :

mindy said...

you're so lucky! how wonderful!

The J said...

Jealousy and happiness, jealousy and happiness for you... lol I love how much Spence is growing! What cute little monkey!

Nana said...

All those happy faces on Grandchildren (and Children) makes this Nana happy! :)

ShOrt StoRy said...

So fun! and we love your little family! It looks like you had such a good time.

Suzanne said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for the idea for a vacation (or staycation as you put it) for us for next winter. Good idea!

Papa said...

Absolutely Adorable!!

Emily said...

We miss all the fun things in So Cal... including all of our friends! Hope all is well with you guys!

Nikki said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Linds said...

So fun, such great memories! I know I've told you this a hundred times but I am always so impressed with how good you all are about making the time to create memories and doing FUN things as a couple or with your family. I LOVE that about you! Sounds like a fabulous time!

Courtney said...

So, I went to Disneyland a few months ago on the day they re-opened "It's a Small World." It looked exactly the same to me. I don't pretend to be a big fan of this ride (I am actually pretty aggravated by the end of the it), but did they really change anything? And if so, what? I think it's all a ploy.