Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mane Massacre


There is always a great debate in my head that goes something like this:
"Do I vacuum the upstairs and let my baby scream his head off, or do I hold my little one while walking across a potato chip, lint thriving floor?"
Hindsight is 20/20, but this past Sunday I should have asked myself this question...
"Do I stay here and finish the dishes, or should I wonder why my 3 year old is silent in the next room with a pair of scissors?"
Unfortunately, I didn't catch the scenario until my sweet little golden-haired girl quickly put the mommy-scissors back in the drawer and stood in front of it, guarding it with incredible guilt in her eyes. It wasn't her eyes, however that caught my focus... it was her unevenly massacred hair. Claire had some yogurt with her dinner, got some in her hair and decided the most efficient way to get it out was to simply chop it out of her hair.

Where did I go wrong? Don't we take enough baths to know that washing your hair is the best remedy for sticky-yogurt hair? I am taking her in tomorrow to get her hair fixed and she is scared that she will look like a boy... she might. Goodbye beautiful goldie-locks... please come back soon (and steer clear of any yogurt)!!!

Here is Claire's new hairdo, chopped short with layers on "the side" and she is thrilled that she didn't come out looking like a boy.

7 comments :

mindy said...

very cute recovery. I don't know how I've avoided this yet, but we haven't had the cut-your-own-hair scenario yet. I'm sure it's coming, someday.

Anonymous said...

I don't ever think you'll ever have to worry about this gorgeous little girl ever looking like a boy!!

ShOrt StoRy said...

WHY do girls do this??? We all love our hair, yet we cut it for fun....:)
She is so cute with her new little bob and I thoroughly enjoyed our "date" the other night! Let's do it again!
love ya!

Suzanne said...

She's still as pretty as a princess!

keely said...

what a cute girl with or without yogurt-scissored hair!

Linds said...

Adorable cut, I think she looks darling! I would have died though to find the hair :)! I'm sure you handled it in stride.

Rachel said...

still the cutest little girl we know!