So these days, there is no such thing as Halloween in schools... there are "harvest" days, but personally I don't think kids get super-excited because squash is in season.
I miss the good ol' days of dressing up at school for Halloween. Last Friday, Dallin's school has "dress-up-like-your-favorite-book-character" day instead. Although Dallin will be Zorro for Halloween, we didn't have a Zorro book and he couldn't bring his mask or sword to school... no fun for Zorro, so we improvised and decided to bring his favorite pirate book and dress up like a pirate:
This school day consisted of a character parade and a "harvest rotation"(where all the kindergartner's move from room to room and do different fall activities). I was able to assist in Dallin's classroom for a bit (thank you Grandma Charmaine for babysitting):
After school, we swapped costumes and got ready for our ward Halloween party.
Dallin donned his Zorro costume,
Claire became Tinkerbell,
and Spencer was a comfy monkey.
Peter and I were the Spartan cheerleaders from the funny SNL skit. We were very surprised how few people actually knew who we were dressed up as (who doesn't know Craig and Arianna?).
Here's the fam feeling the Halloween spirit...
The kids had a great time at the trunk-or-treat party playing games, walking in the costume parade, hanging out with their friends and of course, trunk-or-treating.
Claire and Aubree - Trevor, Ethan, Dallin and Gavin (Dallin's friend from school)
The next day, we decided to go to Orange County so that I could find a dress for my brother's upcoming wedding and so the kids could play with their fun Daddy.
Dallin at the Koi pond & Claire with her new movie
The kids on the ferris wheel
My sweet little love-bug
What a weekend!
6 comments :
These pictures are "way too sweet" for a Type II diabetic. Each picture is full of pure joy and happiness. I loved the experience of sharing Halloween with your family.
Taco! Burrito! Que costumes tan bonitos! I know who they are! Cute kids. Fun parents. BTW, Little J loves that book as well.
missi! how good to hear from you! your family is SOOOOO cute...my goodness dallin was tiny when we first came into that BYU ward and now look you have a dallin, a claire and a tiny super sweet and cute spencer. i totally sympathize with you on the multiple kid thing...what will i do when and if;) i ever have three...you'll have to teach me!!! i am so happy to be "seeing" you again! how fun! (and i totally love the spartan cheerleaders..come on people!)
oh how i love the perfect cheer! you guys are so fun!
Wow. That does sound like a FUN weekend! I love that you guys dressed up as the spartan cheerleaders! Where did you get the costumes!!? The kids look adorable and looked like they had a blast!
no kidding. harvest days? that is funny. they all three look totally adorable in their costumes! looks like you had fun weekend with your sweet family.
Post a Comment