This past weekend was a wonderful one. We had lots of family come into town for Spencer's baby blessing.
Saturday, October 11 - My parents (Papa/Nana), my brother Dave, his fiance Erin, and my sister Jen arrived. The kids waited all morning at the window for them to drive up. I was told that as they pulled up, they saw Claire slumped over leaning on the window sill with a sad face. The moment she saw their car and heard their horn honking, she lit up and began jumping up and down. I absolutely love that we all get so excited to see each other no matter how long the separation has been.
We were able to meet my brother's fiance Erin for the first time and she is simply wonderful!!
After chatting for a bit, we headed over to South Coast winery for a delicious breakfast outside on the patio and had a mini-bridal shower for Erin and Dave.
The rest of the day was spent playing and relaxing at home. We watched the BYU football game, complete with pizza and root beer floats. Grandpa and Grandma Waldron and Pete's brother Steve arrived that evening and we had a house full of so many people to play soccer and games with, talk to, and enjoy.
Sunday, October 12 - Spencer's blessing day. It was a wonderful blessing (even though the microphone didn't work) and I am so grateful to have such an incredible husband to bless our sweet children. In the blessing circle was Peter, Dad Hinckley, Dad Waldron, Dave Hinckley, Rick Chase, Derek Scott, Bill Cherry, Todd Crump, Nate Randle and Brad Snell. After sacrament meeting, we all piled into the Primary room to hear Dallin give the scripture and prayer. We headed back home to spend the rest of the day together.
Some highlights of the day include the blessing (of course), a riotous game of Apples to Apples, a nice fall walk, outdoor conversations, watching 'Enchanted' (Claire asking Papa to dance), celebrating Jen's birthday (October 13), cat-naps, etc.
I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures, but it really was a memorable weekend in honor of our little Spencer.
3 comments :
I love it! I'm so sad we couldn't be there. You look like you had a full house though! I just got Dave and Erin's invitation: Gorgeous! I'm so happy for them! What a fun weekend! We miss you guys tons! I can't believe how much spencer has changed! Where did his hair go??
Wait, seriously! I have not even held this little angel, yet! Just so precious! So fun to be with family! Hope the kids are feeling better.
What a cutie! I love baby blessings! And by the way happy birthday missi!!!! Sorry so late...life gets more chaotic as time goes by...
Post a Comment