It's official... I'm outnumbered and I don't quite know what to do. I was an awesome mom of one, I learned how to be a pretty good mom of two, and now I am simply trying to survive with three. -How do I keep the house clean when they eat, drink, color, disassemble, and disorganize whatever they want when I am feeding the babe?
-How do I walk through the grocery store with one in a car seat and the others running freely with gay abandon and not lose them or my sanity?
-How do I shower without having to wake up at 4 am (even though I am realistically already up at that lovely hour with one of them).
-How can I be cute for my husband with spit up on my shoulder, play-doh on the bottom of my shoe, crayon marks on my pants (okay, sweatpants), and a headband holding my greasy hair back (refer to the lack of shower comment)?
-How do I go visiting teaching and have it be a positive experience for these poor ladies that open the door to find utter mayhem about to walk through their door?
-How am I supposed to remember everything necessary for the diaper bag each time we leave the house (had an awesome diaper explosion yesterday with no new outfit for my poor little Spencer... gotta love being naked in a car seat).?
-My final question for anyone with multiple children... how do I ever think about having another one? :)
My motto started out to be "one day at a time" and has quickly changed to "just get through another hour." I have to say that amongst all of the mess (both mentally and physically), I absolutely love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for any other job or title in this world. Here's to getting through the next hour...
10 comments :
Hello dear cousin! Congrats on your new little one. Grandma informed me about your "internet thing they show pictures" Silly lady.
I loved your cute declaration of being outnumbered!
Just so you know we also do the blog thing check us out sometime.
www.malwitz.org
Love you!
Hang on for nine more days, we are on our way!!!!
it all gets better! i thought the same thing...but now i am thinking i can do more kids...all in good time!
I don't have any advice besides rock out to the fun music on your blog. I'm just itching to hold this little guy. What a beautiful picture of him below! He just has the most beautiful eyes!
diet coke and maybe valium? Just suggesting...:)
IT GETS BETTER, in the mean time bring your little Dallin to play with Jack and they can wreak havoc at my house...
Girl, you have the best kids on the planet. Don't forget they are also your greatest allies! Ask them for help and I'm sure they will give it to you whole heartedly! They love you so much! You guys have always been the best at that! We miss you guys so much!
I'm going to be the mean entry and just say wait until he's mobile. Yikes! Ha. But seriously, you get used to the juggling. Notice, that I'm stopping at 3, though. HA!!!!
Missi-
When wyatt, my #3 was born, I had a funny vision. It was brought on by night after night of SOMEONE having a bad night. It was never on the same night. If Wyatt slept a solid chunk of time, Olivia peed the bed. If they were both good, Owen had a bad dream, or puked. It was almost comical how it was somoene EVERY night, but never on the same night, I just couldn't catch a break (sleep-wise). Then it came to me...in heaven before Olivia came down, they all had a team huddle. I can just picture them with their arms around each other saying "Ok guys, here we go. I"ll go first, and Owen, you come next, then when Wyatt gets there, let's drive Mom NUTS! Wyatt, if you're sleeping, I'll get up. Owen, you'll have to take some nights, too. Let's work together, and see how crazy we can make her--it'll be awesome!!"
I always smile when I think of their "team meeting" before Olivia was born, and it helps me get through those tough moments. Little did I know that there actually were FOUR in the huddle. Crap, I'm really in for it!!
Hang in there, you're doing awesome. Love you!!
ps- Happy Birthday on Saturday! I've always remembered your day for some reason, and now I do even more, becuase it's Wyatt's birthday, my mother-in-law's, as well as Zac Efron. You probably already knew that though, right?? That's my in with him should we ever meet--"Hey, I have an embarassing crush on you, and you share a birthday with MY SON!" You can use that, too, should you ever meet.
Post a Comment