Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rock 'n' Roll

This past weekend was full of Rockin' and Rollin'... allow me to explain:

The "ROCK" part has to do with the fact that: 

1- Dallin discovered "Guitar Hero" and decided to give the game a try for the first time on Saturday morning.  I couldn't get him off to have lunch and he ended up playing it for hours.  He loves the song "Surrender" and got really good at playing it (his best score so far is 88%!)  as well as quite a few other songs.  His love for the guitar becomes more and more apparent every day... he even found a red starter kid's guitar online that he can't wait to earn and learn how to play.  

2- My brother, Scott, was in LA this past week (visiting from Washington) recording music with his band.  He was able to break away for a quick little visit to see us and it was really great having him here.  He helped us celebrate Pete's birthday and played with the kids like only a fun uncle can do. He also helped fuel Dallin's love for Guitar Hero even more as they played together.  Dallin was super-impressed with Uncle Scotty's expert level skills and even tried to play one of his favorite songs on expert level after Scott left... needless to say, he'll have to keep practicing since he was booed off the stage after about 3 seconds :).  We all had so much fun with Scott here and the kids are still asking when he is coming back.  We are also anxious to hear his band's new album!

3- On Saturday night, Peter and I went to a concert at Pechanga (a local casino and entertainment venue).  We saw Blue's Traveller, Live, and Collective Soul... it was Peter's birthday present to himself :).  We are not die-hards of any of these bands, but we had a fun time, there was some really great music, and the drummer for Collective Soul is one of Pete's clients so there was an added interest.  It was great date night!

As for the "ROLL" part of the weekend:

1- At the concert, JB (what we call the baby in my tummy = Jelly Bean) was going nuts!  The vibrations from all of the rockin' must have made him wonder what in the world was going on.  He was kicking and literally doing somersault rolls in me the entire concert.  Dallin may have a future band member on the way :).

2- Saturday afternoon (after I convinced Dallin off of Guitar Hero), we went to Costco.  After shopping we returned to a  hot car, so I left the kids in the cart and turned on the AC.  Before I finished, I heard a huge scream and turned to find Dallin lying face first on the pavement.  I thought he broke his arm from the way he was positioned, but came to find out through all the screaming that it was his nose that hurt the worst.  He was bleeding pretty badly and luckily I had my first-aid kit still hanging around in the car from girl's camp last week.  I cleaned him up and bandaged his little face as he continued to scream.  I came to find out that he decided to jump out of the Costco cart (superhero style) but tripped and rolled onto the pavement.  Once I got my traumatized son into the car, I turned on a movie and the screaming ceased.  He has some pretty cool battle wounds and luckily it was no more than a scraped up face... good thing he's a guy and thinks this kind of stuff is pretty awesome.  

Gotta love a little "Rock 'n' Roll"!

6 comments :

keely said...

Missi, sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun in your neck of the woods. 1. So cute that Dallin likes to play the guitar and has an uncle he admires so much. 2. What a fun concert. I mean, just to get out and hear music, even if you aren't die hard fans. 3. Love that your little JB was rollin in your tum. I can't wait to meet this little guy. and 4. Oh. Dallin! He is so superhero!

keely said...

Missi, sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun in your neck of the woods. 1. So cute that Dallin likes to play the guitar and has an uncle he admires so much. 2. What a fun concert. I mean, just to get out and hear music, even if you aren't die hard fans. 3. Love that your little JB was rollin in your tum. I can't wait to meet this little guy. and 4. Oh. Dallin! He is so superhero!

Krissy Lowe said...

What a fun couple of days. Dallin just seems like he is getting so old! I am glad that it was just a little scrape on Dallin and not a broken arm.

Linds said...

Ouch! That hurts me looking at it. What a fun weekend though. You are so much fun!

Chelsea said...

Hello! thanks for the comment, and thanks to Angie for the referral! Yes I would love to make one in silver, I can't believe I have had all GOLD orders so far, I was really shocked. But I can't wait to see how cute the silver looks. Let me know!

Suzanne said...

OUch!!!!!!