Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Despondent Darth

A couple of years ago, we sold our VW Touareg and Dallin was really sad to see it go.  In an attempt to make him love our new car (a black Tahoe), Peter bought a Darth Vader license plate and placed it on the front of the new car.  He told Dallin (our Star Wars freak) that the new black car's name was Darth Vader.  All of a sudden, our old car was forgotten about and "Darth" was his new favorite form of transportation.  So for the past couple of years, I have been driving around, toting Darth Vader wherever we go.  People know us by this car landmark.  I have been told that some of Dallin's little friends will run to the front of any black Tahoe to see if Darth Vader is there.  I often get weird looks from people until they see my son in a Star Wars shirt or holding a light saber... it all of a sudden makes sense.  I am personally not into Star Wars, but I will do anything to keep my children happy.  
A couple of days ago, "Darth Vader" had his oil changed and got a car wash.  When he emerged from the wash, we noticed that Darth had been injured (he was hanging by one arm/bolt).  It wasn't really fixable and Darth had to be removed.  Everyone seems to be okay about it (especially me :)).  So farewell to Darth, farewell to the strange looks, farewell to the teenage boys that think I am cool and farewell to our signature car landmark.  

5 comments :

Jennifer said...

Poor Darth...He will be missed by many I am sure...I hope that you enjoy your New Darth free car!

angie said...

this is too funny!

i'm missing you guys and thinking of the great conference kits your family does! happy conference weekend!

Krissy Lowe said...

Congrats but it's almost like a chapter in your life is ending? When Dallin says goodbye to the Galactic heroes that will be a sad day. These little boys are just so precious.

Team Fifield said...

Hey! Your family is so cute! Let's keep in touch! Congrats on your pregnancy... does that mean coach Missi is out for a season? Kye will be bummed!

Todd Crump said...

R.I.P Darth Vader